The 2023 Türkiye -Syria Great Earthquakes
Call for Papers
Deadline: June 20, 2023
Two major earthquakes, with magnitude MW 7.8 and 7.5, respectively struck south central Turkey and north of Syria on February 6th, 2023, causing widespread damage and heavy loss of lives in Türkiye as well as Syria. As a free charge journal committed to advancing earthquake-related studies, we invite the global scientific community to contribute to the special issues dedicated to the twin great Earthquakes in the Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (JSEE) (https://www.jsee.ir). The collective expertise and research efforts will help deepen our understanding of the earthquakes and ultimately contribute to the prevention and mitigation of future seismic events.
We welcome submissions that explore various aspects of the event, including but not limited to:
- Source process and mechanisms of the earthquakes;
- Seismological and geodetic observations and monitoring;
- Field observations of the earthquakes;
- Seismicity, aftershocks, tectonics and geology of the region;
- Subsurface structure and site effects;
- Near fault and directivity effects;
- Damage and loss assessment;
- Emergency response and disaster management;
- Lessons learned and recommendations for future mitigation strategies;
Looking forward to receiving your valuable papers.
Prof. Mohammad Tatar