1. Hatayama, K., Zama, S., Nishi, H., Yamada, M.,
Hirokawa, M., and Inoue, R. (2005) The
damages of oil storage tanks during the 2003
Tokachi-oki earthquake and the long period
ground motions. In: Proceedings of the JSCEAIJ
Joint Symposium on Huge Subduction
Earthquakes-Wide Area Strong Ground Motion
Prediction, 7-18 (in Japanese).
2. Goudarzi, M.A., Sabbagh-Yazdi, S.R., and Marx,
W. (2006) Seismic analysis of hydrodynamic
sloshing force on storage tank roof. Journal of
Earthquake Spectra , 26, 131-152.
3. Housner, G.W. (1954) Earthquake Pressures on
Fluid Containers. Eighth Technical Report
under Office of Naval Research, Project
Designation No. 081-095, California Institute of
Technology, Pasadena, California.
4. Housner, G.W. (1957) Dynamic pressures on
accelerated fluid containers. Bulletin of the
Seismological Society of America , 47(1), 15-35.
5. Housner, G.W. (1963) The dynamic behavior of
water tanks. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America , 53(2), 381-389.
6. Veletsos, A.S. and Yang, J.Y. (1977) Earthquake
response of liquid storage tanks advances in civil
engineering through mechanics. In Proceedings
of the Second Engineer ing Mechanics
Specialty Conference, 1-24, Raleigh (NC):
7. Haroun, M.A. and Housner, G.W. (1981)
Earthquake response of deformable liquid
storage tanks. Journal of Applied Mechanics,
8. Veletsos, A.S. (1984) Seismic response and
design of liquid storage tanks: Guidelines for the
seismic design of oil and gas pipeline systems.
In Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake
Engineering, 255-370, New York: ASCE.
9. Malhotra, P.K., Wenk, T., and Wieland, M. (2000)
Simple procedures for seismic analysis of
liquid storage tanks. Structural Engineering
International, IABSE, 10(3), 197-201.
10. Goudarzi, M.A. and Sabbagh-Yazdi, S.R. (2009)
Numerical investigation on accuracy of mass
spring models for cylindrical tanks under
seismic excitation. Int. J. of Civil Eng., 7, 190-
11. Abramson, H.N. (1966) The Dynamic
Behaviour of Liquid in Moving Containers.
Reports SP 106 of NASA.
12. Chen, B.F. and Chiang, H.W. (2000) Complete
two-dimensional analysis of sea-wave- induced
fully non-linear sloshing fluid in a rigid floating
tank. Journal of Ocean Engineer ing, 27,
13. Wu, G.X., Eatock Taylor, R., and Greaves, D.M.
(2001) The effect of viscosity on the transient
free-surface waves in a two-dimensional tank.
Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 40,
14. Goudarzi, M.A. and Sabbagh-Yazdi, S.R. (2012)
Investigation of nonlinear sloshing effects in
seismically excited tanks. Soil Dynamics and
Earthquake Engineering, 43, 355-365.
15. Kabiri, M.M., Nikoomanesh, M.R., Nouraei
Danesh, P., and Goudarzi, M.A. (2019) Numerical
and experimental evaluation of sloshing
wave force caused by dynamic loads in liquid
tanks. Journal of Fluids Engineering, FE-19-
16. De Angelis, M., Giannini, R., and Paolacci, F.
(2010) Experimental investigation on the seismic
response of a steel liquid storage tank equipped
with floating roof by shaking table tests.
Ear thquake Engineer ing and Structur a l
Dynamics, 39(4), 377-396.
17. Zhang, R., Weng, D., and Ge, Q. (2014) Shaking
table experiment on a steel storage tank with
multiple friction pendulum bearings. Structural
Engineering and Mechanics, 52(5), 875-887.
18. Burkacki, D. and Jankowski, R. (2014) Experimental
study on steel tank model using shaking
table. Civil and Environmental Engineering
Reports, CEER 2014, 14(3), 37-47.
19. Bae, D. and Park, J.H. (2018) Shaking table test
of steel cylindrical liquid storage tank considering
the Roof Characteristics. International
Journal of Steel Structures, 18(4), 1167-1176.
20. Park, J.H., Bae, D., and Oh, C.K. (2016)
Experimental study on the dynamic behavior of a
cylindrical liquid storage tank subjected to
seismic excitation. International Journal of
Steel Structures, 16, 935-945.
21. Milgram, J.H. (1969) The motion of a fluid in a
cylindrical container with a free surface
following vertical impact. Journal of Fluid
Mechanics, 37(3), 435-448.
22. Minowa, C. (1997) Sloshing impact of a
rectangular water tank (water tank damage
caused by the Kobe Earthquake). Nippon Kikai
Gakkai Ronbunshu Chen, 63(612), 2643-2649.
23. Minowa, C., Ogawa, N., Harada, I., and Ma,
D.C. (1994) Sloshing Roof Impact Tests of a
Rectangular Tank (ANL/RE/CP-82360;
CONF-940613-13). Argonne National Lab., IL.,
24. Goudarzi, M.A., Sabbagh-Yazdi, S.R., and Marx,
W. (2010) Seismic analysis of hydrodynamic sloshing force on storage tank roof. Journal of
Earthquake Spectra , 26, 131-152.
25. Malhotra, P.K. (2005) Sloshing loads in liquidstorage
tanks with insufficient freeboard.
Earthquake Spectra , 21(4), 1185-1192.
26. Malhotra, P.K. (2006) Earthquake induced
sloshing in tanks with insufficient freeboard.
Structural Engineering International, 16(3),
27. Goudarzi, M.A., Moosapoor, M., and Nikoomanesh,
M.R. (2019) Seismic design loads of
cylindrical liquid tanks with insufficient freeboard.
Earthquake Spectra, Accepted Paper.