1. Ruiz-Garcia, J. (2012) Mainshock-aftershock ground motion features and their influence in
building's seismic response. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 16(5), 719-737.
2. Sunasaka, Y. and Kiremidjian, A.S. (1993) A Method for Structural Safety Evaluation
Under Mainshock-After shock Ear thquake Sequences. John A. Blume Earthquake Engineering
3. Gallagher, R.P., Reasenberg, P., and Poland, C.D. (1999) Earthquake aftershocks: entering
damaged buildings. Applied Tech Council.
4. Amadio, C., Fragiacomo, M., and Rajgelj, S. (2003) The effects of repeated earthquake ground motions on the non-linear response of SDOF systems. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 32, 291-308.
5. Fragiacomo, M., Amadio, C., and Macorini, L. (2004) Seismic response of steel frames under
repeated earthquake ground motions. Engineering Structures, 26, 2021-2035.
6. Luco, N., Bazzurro, P., and Cornell, C.A. (2004) Dynamic versus static computation of the residual capacity of a mainshock-damaged building to withstand an aftershock. Presented at 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, paper#2405.
7. Iancovici, M. and Georgiana, I. (2007) Evaluation of the inelastic demand of structures subjected to multiple ground motions. Journal of Structural Engineering, 4, 143-154.
8. Maeda, M. and Kang, D.E. (2009) Post-earthquake damage evaluation of reinforced concrete
buildings. Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 7, 327-335.
9. Hatzigeorgiou, G.D. and Beskos, D.E. (2009) Inelastic displacement ratios for SDOF structures subjected to repeated earthquakes. Engineering Structures, 31, 2744-2755.
10. Hatzigeorgiou, G.D. and Liolios, A.A. (2010) Nonlinear behaviour of RC frames under repeated strong ground motions. Soil Dynamic and Earthquake Engineering, 30, 1010-1025.
11. Moustafa, A. and Takewaki, I. (2011) Response of nonlinear single-degree-of-freedom structures to random acceleration sequences. Engineering Structures, 33, 1251-1258.
12. Powell, G.H. and Allahabadi, R. (1988) Seismic damage prediction by deterministic methods: concepts and procedures. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 16, 719-734.
13. Ghobarah, A., Abou-Elfath, H., and Biddah, A. (1999) Response-based damage assessment of structures. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 28, 79-104.
14. Chai, Y.H., Fajfar, P., and Romstad, K.M. (1998) Formulation of duration-dependent inelastic seismic design spectrum. Journal of Structural Engineering, 124, 913-921.
15. Park, Y.J. and Ang, A.H.S. (1985) Mechanistic seismic damage model for reinforced concrete. Journal of Structural Engineering, 111, 722-739.
16. Banon, H. and Veneziano, D. (1982) Seismic safety of reinforced concrete members and
structures. Ear thquake Engineer ing and Structural Dynamics, 10, 179-193.
17. Zhang, X., Wong, K.K., and Wang, Y. (2007) Performance assessment of moment resisting
frames during earthquakes based on the force analogy method. Engineering Structures, 29, 2792-2802.
18. Li, Q. and Ellingwood, B.R. (2007) Performance evaluation and damage assessment of steel frame buildings under main shock-aftershock earthquake sequences. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 36(3), 405-427.
19. Zhang, S., Wang, G., and Sa, W. (2013) Damage evaluation of concrete gravity dams under mainshock-aftershock seismic sequences. Soil Dynamic and Earthquake Engineering, 50,
20. Zhai, C.H., Wen, W.P., Chen, Z., Li, S., and Xie, L.L. (2013) Damage spectra for the mainshockaftershock sequence-type ground motions. Soil Dynamic and Earthquake Engineering, 45, 1-12.
21. Jeon, J.S. (2013) Aftershock Vulnerability Assessment of Damaged Reinforced Concrete
Buildings in California. Ph.D. Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
22. Polese, M., Di-Ludovico, M., Prota, A., and Manfredi, G. (2013) Damage-dependent vulnerability curves for existing buildings. Earthquake Engineer ing and Structural Dynamics, 42(6), 853-870.
23. Yaghmaei-Sabegh, S. and Ruiz-Garcia, J. (2016) Nonlinear response analysis of SDOF systems subjected to doublet earthquake ground motions: A case study on 2012 Varzaghan-Ahar events. Engineering Structures, 110, 281-292, DOI:10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.11.044.
24. Zhai, C.H., Wen, W.P., Li, S., Chen, Z., Chang, Z., and Xie, L.L. (2014) The damage investigation of inelastic SDOF structure under the mainshock-aftershock sequence-type ground
motions. Soil Dynamic and Ear thquake Engineering, 59, 30-41.
25. Iervolino, I., Giorgio, M., and Chioccarelli, E. (2014) Closed?form aftershock reliability of damage-cumulating elastic perfectly-plastic systems. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 43, 613-625.
26. Abdelnaby, A.E. and Elnashai, A.S. (2015) Numerical modeling and analysis of RC frames
subjected to multiple earthquakes. Earthquakes and Structures, 9(5), 957-981, DOI: 10.12989/
27. Zafar, A. and Andrawes, B. (2015) Seismic behavior of SMA-FRP reinforced concrete
frames under sequential seismic hazard. Engineering Structures , 98, 163-173, DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.03.045.
28. Furtado, A., Rodrigues, H., Arêde, A., and Varum, H. (2017) Assessment of the mainshockaftershock collapse vulnerability of RC structures considering the infills in-plane and out-of-plane behavior. Procedia Engineering, 199, 619-624, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.09.107.
29. Hosseinpour, F. and Abdelnaby, A.E. (2017) Effect of different aspects of multiple earthquakes on the nonlinear behavior of RC structures. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake
Engineering, 92, 706-725. DOI: 10.1016/j.soildyn.2016.11.006.
31. Newmark, N.M. (1959) A method of computation for structural dynamics. Journal of
Engineering Mechanics Division, 85, 67-94.
32. Park, Y.J., Ang, A.H., and Wen, Y.K. (1987) Damage-limiting aseismic design of buildings.
Earthquake Spectra , 3, 1-26.
33. Valles, R.E., Reinhorn, A.M., Kunnath, S.K., Li, C., and Madan, A. (1996) IDARC-2D Version
5.5: A Program for the Inelastic Damage Analysis of Buildings.
34. Ghosh, S., Datta, D., and Katakdhond, A.A. (2011) Estimation of the Park-Ang damage
index for planar multi-storey frames using equivalent single-degree systems. Engineering Structures, 33(9), 2509-2524.
35. Fajfar, P. (1992) Equivalent ductility factors, taking into account low-cycle fatigue. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 21(10), 837-48.
36. Carr, A.J. and Tabuchi, M. (1993) The structural ductility and the damage index for reinforced concrete structure under seismic excitation. 2nd European Conference on Structural Dynamics, 1, 169-76.
37. Cosenza, E., Manfredi, G., and Ramasco, R. (1993) The use of damage functionals in
earthquake engineering: a comparison between different models. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 22(10), 855-68.
38. Kunnath, S.K. and Jenne, C. (1994) Seismic damage assessment of inelastic RC structures.
In: 5th US National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 1, 55-64.
39. Williams, M.S. and Sexsmith, R.G. (1995) Seismic damage indices for concrete structures:
a state-of-the-art review. Earthquake Spectra, 11(2), 319-49.
40. Van de Lindt, J.W. (2005) Damage-based seismic reliability concept for woodframe
structures. Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 131(4), 668-75.